Covid-19 Response Plan
The Covid-19 pandemic is a historical event that has forced us to reevaluate how we have welcomed you for the last 20 years. In order to welcome you back and provide you with a safe environment, we have built, in collaboration with our employees and partners, a response plan that brings together a series of measures to prevent and control the risks of Covid-19 infection. These measures are consistent with Public Health and will be strictly enforced by the company.
Excursion of 1 day or less: 100% of the amount is required at the time of booking. If due to Covid-19 it is impossible for you (with proof) or us to maintain the activity, this will result in a full refund of the activity.
2-4 day expeditions: 50% of the trip amount will be required at the time of booking; this amount is non-refundable. The remaining amount will be required as of May 15, 2021 and will be non-refundable. So if you make a reservation after May 15, we require 100% of the amount at the time of booking.
In case of cancellation on your part, if we find a replacement that meets our requirements, we will make 80% of the total refund of the cost of the outing. If Fjord en Kayak is forced to cancel the package due to weather, this will result in a refund of 80% of the trip cost without further compensation.
If due to Covid-19 it is impossible for you (with proof) or us to maintain the activity, this will result in a full refund of the activity.
What you need to know:
- Significant measures have been put in place to protect the health and safety of our clients. They are strictly enforced by the company.
- Do not come in if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing OR if you have been in contact with an infected person in the past 14 days.
- The following questions may be asked when you arrive at our site:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with an infected person?
- Have you traveled outside the country in the last 14 days
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, you may be denied access.
- You will be required to comply with the measures in place at all times and in the event of non-compliance, staff may intervene.
- In this exceptional period, all our excursions will be done by tandem kayak. Only people living under the same roof will share tandems. In case of an odd group or a single person, the use of a solo kayak will be considered.
- For 2-4 day expeditions, visitors will be able to use solo and tandem kayaks depending on experience.
- Detailed procedures have been put in place in the event that a guest experiences symptoms at COVID-19.